Computer Scientist and Bioinformatician, mostly working on RNA analysis and crafting useful and beautiful web applications along the way. The web technology allows me to easily share and discuss results with fellow scientists.
An example web application we developed is the platform expressRNA, which integrates protein-RNA binding iCLIP with regulatory (exon and polyA site) information from high-throughput sequencing datasets (RNA-seq, 3'-end targeted RNA-seq). This allows us to study how protein-RNA binding regulates inclusion or exclusion of features (alternative splicing in case of exons and alternative polyadenylation in case of polyA sites).
Feel free to contact me in case you are interested in establishing new research collaborations.
· 2/2019 - present : Staff scientist (Bioinformatics), University of Zurich, Switzerland
· 9/2016 - 2/2018: Postdoc, University of Zurich, Switzerland
· 04/2013 - 8/2016: Phd student, University of Zurich, Switzerland
· 2006: one-year student exchange (Msc) at Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
· 9/2001 - 5/2008: Msc Computer Science, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
University of Zurich · Institute of Molecular Life Sciences · Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
+41 44 63 53148 · gregor.rot (at) gmail.com